Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
All those wishing to check out materials must have a valid library card with them. A photo ID and a secondary proof of address are required for registration. Residents of the City of Papillion are taxed for library services and may receive a card without an additional charge. Those living outside Papillion city limits (including those in a SID, even with a Papillion address) are not taxed for library services and therefore must pay an annual $50 for the household. An option for a four-month non-resident card is also available for $20. Replacement cards are available for $1.
Show All Answers
Use your 14-digit library card number as your login and your last name (in lower-case, no caps) as your password. (If your card doesn’t have a 14-digit number, please stop by the library to get it relabeled.) If you have problems, please call us at 402-597-2040.
On the my summary screen, click on the underlined Renew for the item you want to keep longer or click on the Renew All button to renew everything you have checked out. Items can only be renewed once and items another patron has placed a hold on cannot be renewed. To renew, view our
- You can login directly to the catalog or click on the Catalog link.
- Use your 14-digit library card number as your login and your last name (in lower-case, no caps) as your password. (If your card doesn’t have a 14-digit number, please stop by the library to get it relabeled.) If you have problems, please call us at 402-597-2040)
- Type in the title you want to place on hold in the Search box under the library photos and click the Go button.
- Click on the underlined Title of the item you want.
- Click on Place Hold on the right-side of the Item Details screen.
- Click the Place Hold button on the Hold Confirmation screen.
- You will be taken to your Holds screen showing the Hold has been placed.
- You can cancel or suspend Holds on this screen too.
- If you are going to be away, consider suspending your holds until you return so you don’t miss out on the item you’ve been waiting for.
- You will get an email and/or a phone call when your hold is ready to be picked up depending on how you’ve instructed the library to contact you.
- The item will be held for pickup for 7 days.
- You must have the library card the item was placed on hold for to pick it up.
- If you want to place a particular item on hold like a specific DVD from a TV series, please contact us and we can place that hold for you.
Members of the Library Board of Advisors are appointed by the Mayor with the consent of the City Council. The positions hold a 4-year term. If interested, please submit a letter of interest with a resume and the Trustee Application to Mayor David P. Black, at:
Papillion City Hall
122 E 3rd Street
Papillion, NE 68046
- Books: 3 weeks
- Audiobooks on CD: 3 weeks
- Music CDs: 3 weeks
- DVDs and Board Games: 7 days
- Magazines and Comic Books: 7 days
- Books & Magazines: $0.10 per day
- Audiobooks: $0.10 per day
- Equipment: $1 per day
- DVDs and Board Games: $1 per day
The fee for lost or damaged materials is the replacement cost of the item. Items are considered lost when they are more than 3 weeks overdue. If a lost item is returned, the lost fines will be replaced with an overdue fine.
Stop by the library and fill out an InterLibrary Loan (ILL) Request. The library will then attempt to borrow the item from another library for you. All requests are placed in a nationwide search and are filled at the discretion of the lending library. Requests may take a few days to several weeks to be processed. A fee equivalent to the cost of postage is charged for each received interlibrary loan request.
Fines for overdue materials are $1 per day and materials that are not picked up will be charged the cost of postage. Lost or damaged materials will be charged according to the fees set by the lending library.
To request to have your artwork displayed in the library, please complete and return this application.