AUGUST 6th, 2020 UPDATE - Face Mask/Covering
The safety of our members, visitors and employees has been, and will continue to be our top priority. We need your cooperation to help keep each other safe.
Beginning Monday, August 10th, the Papillion Recreation Department will require all individuals, ages 2 and up, entering the Papillion Landing Community Recreation Center or Field House to wear a face mask/covering while in public areas and not engaging in physical activities. As COVID-19 continues to spread through our community, it is even more important that we all continue to practice the safety measures which have been put into place to slow the spread of the virus.
Appropriate types of Face Coverings
- N95 respirator or surgical mask
- Homemade face covering
- Other cloth coverings, such as a scarf, bandanna or handkerchief.
How to wear face coverings
For maximum effectiveness, they should:
- Fit snugly, but comfortably, against the face
- Be secured with straps or ear loops
- Include multiple layers of fabric
- Allow for breathing without restriction
- Be washable and dryable without damage or change to the shape.
Face Covering Do’s and Don’ts
- Wear it whenever going out in public
- Make sure it fully covers your nose and mouth
- Take the mask on and off using the ear strings
- Wash your hands before and after putting on your mask
- Touch it while wearing it; if you do, wash your hands immediately
- Allow it to slip under your nose or below your chin
- Set it down on countertops or tables
- Touch your eyes, nose or mouth when removing it.
For additional information on how to wear and care for face coverings during this time of COVID please visit cdc.gov.
If you have questions, please give us a call or send us an email.
Current Restrictions due to COVID-19
TEMPORARY HOURS OF OPERATION
- Monday – Friday 5:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Saturday 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Sunday 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- **POOL WILL CLOSE ONE (1) HOUR PRIOR TO THE FACILITY CLOSING**
- Daily Admissions, Punch Cards and Day Passes are now accepted for non-members.
- Pappy's Playground is open.
THE FOLLOWING AREAS AND ACTIVITIES ARE CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE:
- Free Community Gymnasium
- Birthday Party Rentals
The following areas will are open at 50% capacity per area
- Cardio, Weight Room and Walking/Running Track
- Members must still bring in their own mat or small equipment
- 1:1 personal training will be allowed. Personal trainers must be certified with Papillion Landing.
- Group Fitness Classes are available, please see find the list of classes on our website at www.papillionlanding.com
- Main Gymnasium
- Courts will be open for basketball, volleyball or pickleball.
- Courts are now open for rentals.
- Main locker room and showers will be open at half capacity. All cubby lockers will be open for use.
- Natatorion (Poo), please see pool schedule for hours of operation and restrictions.
- Pool equipment is not available for use, this includes life-jackets. Members are still welcome to bring their own pool equipment to use as well as their own COASTGUARD APPROVED life-jackets (equipment will be come available in Phase 4).
- Child Watch - No more than a total of 10 children per time slot. Reservations can be made 24 hours in advance the day prior. Drop-in's will be accepted the day of only if spots are available prior to start time. Reservations can be done in person, on-line or over the phone by calling 402-597-2041. See Child Watch for available times.
- 55+ Club
- Days and Hours of Operation:
- Monday - Friday: One (1) open session from 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday: Two (2) open sessions 9:00 am - 11:30 am and 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Some sessions will be closed to walk-ins for preregistered classes.
- Capacity will be based on a FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS with a maximum of 22 patrons during each session. 18 patrons in the 55+ Club with overflow of four (4) patrons in the art room. Patrons are only allowed to attend one session per day.
- All patrons will enter and exit through the 55+ Club door (not t he main entrance), complete a health questionnaire and have their temperatures taken. If a patron answers yes to any health questions or has a temp of 100.4 and above, the will be asked to leave.
- Days and Hours of Operation:
- Interactive Lab and Digital Library will be open with limited hours.
- Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 7:00 pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Rental limited to no more than 50% of Rated Occupancy.
- Limited to no more than six people per table.
- 6’ Social distancing will be maintained between tables.
- Rentals for 30 days out will be limited to no more than 75% of the room’s total occupancy.
- Reservations for 90 days out will be booked under normal operating guidelines, with notation that event will need to comply with any DHM in place on the event date.
- All food and beverage will be provided by Papillion Landing or a Preferred Catering Team. Food and beverage will need to be pre-plated or served by catering staff through buffet service.
- All surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized after each event.
Papillion Landing Field House
- Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM-5:00 PM; After 5:00 PM, only open during scheduled rentals, see calendar on Facility Rentals page for times.
- Indoor Turf Field Drop Ins: $5.00/person, Monday-Friday from 9:00 PM - 5:00 PM depending on rentals and availability. Note: All drop ins must start 30 minutes after or conclude 30 minutes before any client reservations.
- Walking Club: Free, Monday-Friday from 9:00 AM-2:00 PM.
- Saturday and Sunday: Open during scheduled rentals, see calendar on Facility Rentals page for times.
- Limited to 50% capacity of rental spaces indoor and outdoor, 75% Outdoor Field.
- Spectators will be limited to a max of eight (8) in one group and 6’ social distancing will be required between groups.
- Reservations must be made and paid for a minimum of three (3) days in advance. Day of reservations may be accepted pending staff and space availability.
- Reservation times will require a 30-minute gap between clients.
- Saturday and Sunday: Open during scheduled rentals, see calendar on Facility Rentals page for times.
MEMBERSHIP UPDATE - JULY 16, 2020
We are working hard to be fair and positive to our members during this difficult time. Many are needing to place holds or even cancel their memberships until we are able to open our facility without fear of COVID-19. If you wish to do so, please take one of the following actions.
Monthly membership auto-payments resumed on July 8th, one month after we reopened. Please come in or email Michael Lennen at firstname.lastname@example.org to fill out the Membership Cancellation form. We know that many members only had a partial month in March, and many of the restrictions won’t work for your family so we gave everyone an entire month for FREE (June 8th – July 8th, 2020). Also, the 30-day notice will not be required of any cancellations until September 1st, 2020.
Annual memberships have been extended three (3) months for the time we were closed, plus one (1) extra month for sticking it out with us! For those that are not comfortable coming back right away and would like to keep their membership on hold, we will do so until September 1st. Please come in or email Michael Lennen at email@example.com to fill out the Annual Membership Hold form. Your membership will be reactivated once you visit the landing for the first time. After September 1st, all memberships will be fully reactivated, and no credits/refunds will be given. Once your membership is reactivated, we will extend expiration dates to the appropriate amount of days to the back end of your membership (max of 6 months).
With the announcement of our reopening, we realize many of our members and the community has questions. We have compiled a list of our frequently asked questions here.
Q: What areas will be opened?
A: During Phase One, the main gymnasium, natatorium (pool), cardio room, weight room, and walking track will be available for members only. The Papillion Landing Field House will be open for small group training with a reservation.
Q: Who will have access to the facility?
A: At this time access will be limited to current or new monthly and annual members of the Papillion Landing Community Recreation Center. During Phase One, we will not be accepting punch cards, daily admissions, or guest passes.
Q: How many individuals will be allowed in at a time?
A: Cardio Room, Weight Room and the Walking Track will be limited to 10 members per room. The pool will be limited to six members, for fitness purpose only as follows, two (2) walkers in the lazy river and four (4) members in the swimming lanes, one (1) per lane. The main gymnasium will have six (6) half courts available for individual use or family (all members residing in the same household) use for basketball play only.
Q: What can I expect when returning to Papillion Landing again after two (2) months?
A: While you have been gone our staff has been working hard to clean and sanitize the entire facility. We have added new signage to direct you through the facility to help comply with social distancing guidelines. We strongly encourage everyone to wear a mask while inside the facility, though not required. Upon arriving, you will be greeted by one of our friendly Facility Attendants who will check your temperature and ask you a few questions regarding COVID-19 exposure and provide you with hand sanitizer. Once you have completed this screening, you will proceed to check in at the Membership Desk as normal. The Membership attendant will provide each member with their own personal spray bottle of sanitizer and a towel to use while in the facility. Guests will be given one (1) hour to use the facility.
Q: Will there be open swimming?
A: At this time the natatorium will be limited to fitness swimming only. Pappy’s kids swim, the water slides and open swimming will not be available during phase one. Members will need to bring their own equipment to utilize during their resistance walking or lap swimming.
Q: Will there be group exercise classes?
A: During our initial reopening group exercise classes will be suspended. We will continue to offer virtual classes, a link to these classes can be found on our website.
Q: Will small equipment be available, such as jump ropes, basketballs etc.?
A: During this time, members will need to bring their own basketballs, mats and small equipment.
Q: Will lockers be available?
A: During phase one, lockers will not be available. Please bring only what you need to work out.
Q: Will showers and changing rooms be available?
A: The only members who will have access to the showers will be members utilizing the pool. Pool goers are asked to come dressed in their swim wear; they can then utilize the shower to rinse off prior to entering the pool. Pool goers will then have access to the shower after swimming to rinse. Lockers will not be open to any member, changing rooms will also be closed during this time.
Q: When will monthly auto-payments resume?
A: Monthly members can expect for auto-payment to resume on July 8th, one (1) month after we have reopened. We know that many members only received a partial month in March and understand that the restrictions which we have in place during phase one may not work for all families, therefore we are giving all monthly members the first month back for FREE.
Q: What about my annual membership?
A: Annual memberships which were purchased prior to March 13, 2020, will be extended for two (2) months for the time which the facility was closed, plus one (1) extra month for sticking it out with us! For those who hold an annual membership, but are not comfortable coming back right away, you may opt to keep your membership on hold until September 1st, 2020. Your membership will be reactivated once you visit the Community Recreation Center for the first time. After September 1st, all memberships will be reactivated, and no credits/refunds will be given.
Q: Do I need to do anything to keep my annual membership on hold until September 1st?
Q: Some members of my household cannot use the facility because of age restrictions and no Child Watch. What can I do?
A: We understand that the age restrictions during phase one may limit access for some family members due to age restrictions and available activities. For this reason, we are providing one (1) month free to all current members. When the July Directive Health Measures are released by Governor Ricketts, we will reassess and determine the steps to be taken next.
Q: What if I still want to cancel my membership?
A: Memberships can be canceled through September 1st, 2020, without providing a 30-day notice. Credit for free months will not be provided upon cancellation. If you hold a monthly membership, you will want to cancel prior to July 6th, 2020 to ensure your account is not auto-billed on July 8th.
Q: What if I still have a question about my membership?
A: If you still have a question about your membership, please reach out to our Membership Coordinator Michael Lennen.
Q: Can I rent a birthday party room?
A: Currently birthday party rentals are suspended until further notice.
Q: Am I able to use the Chrysalis or a classroom for an event?
A: For information regarding classroom or meeting room rentals please contact our Event Center Manager, Michaela Salkeld at 402.827.7655.
Q: Who do I contact if I would like to schedule a small group training at the Field House?
A: For information on renting the indoor or outdoor turf fields or batting cages, please contact the Field House directly at 402.885.8887.
Q: What if I still have more questions?
A: If you still have questions, please contact Papillion Landing at 402.597.2041.