Fitness Class Descriptions
No matter your fitness level, the Papillion Landing Community Recreation Fitness Center has a class which will keep you engaged. Find our class descriptions here, and be sure to check back periodically as we add more classes.
Some classes listed may not be offered in our current fitness session. See Fitness Schedule for current list of classes offered.
- Aqua Attack - This class is an upbeat total body workout focusing on cardio, full body strengthening, postural training, and fun! Great for all ages and fitness levels.
- Aqua Exercise - low impact exercises in the provides a fun, yet challenging workout for all levels.
- Aqua Fit- A fun class where you never know what kind of class, you’re going to have till you come and enjoy.
- Aqua-Tabata - is a fun, high intensity-low impact water workout that combines cardio, core, balance, and strength training.
- Aqua Zumba® - This class blends the Zumba® philosophy with water resistance for one party you shouldn’t miss! There is less impact on your joints while toning your muscles.
- Balance + Stretch - Stretches for the entire body head to toe. Balance your workout routine and daily life with flexibility training for enhanced sports performance and reduced risk of injury. This class will help to release pressure and pain for good.
- Barre - (please bring your own mat) This class is a ballet inspired workout which includes dance moves with and without the barre.
- Body Circuit - Small classes will rotate from station to station. Larger groups will stay on mats. This class will involve your TOTAL Body and work many different muscle groups big and small.
- Bootcamp - This is a high intensity workout with a mix of cardio and strength training for a total body challenge. The frequently changing format will keep your body at peak performance. Open to all fitness levels
- Chair Yoga - Move through seated and standing yoga poses to increase flexibility, balance, and range of motion. A chair is used to meet a variety of fitness levels.
- Core Express - This 30 min class is an intense core workout with upbeat music, you'll learn new exercises to help sculpt the body. It is for ALL fitness levels- tons of different modifications so no need to get discouraged.
- Cycle + Strength - Challenge your cardiovascular stamina and strength in this cycle/strength fusion class. Fully modifiable for all fitness levels, this class involves both riding the Stages bikes and bodyweight exercises off the bike.
- Line Dancing - line dance exercise helps energy levels and memory reinforcement. These moves may be a good workout for some; social for others. There is something for every level of dancer. Dress in layers, comfortable and casual with low-heeled non-marking shoes.
- Movement 4 Life - Let's move for health, function, and longevity. We will work on dynamic movement and mobility to improve daily skills. In addition, we will improve balance and strength.
- Power Pilates - High intensity and low impact, this class uses music + repetition to amp up the pace and energy. Be prepared to sweat and have some laughs!
- Silver Sneakers Classic - Have fun and move to the music through a variety of exercises designed to increase muscle strength, range of movement and activities for daily living. Hand-held weights, elastic tubing with handles and a Silver Sneakers ball are offered for resistance
- Strong Nation® - Combines body weight, muscle conditioning, cardio and plyometric training moves synced to original music that has been specifically designed to match every single move.
- Yoga - (please bring your own mat) Help restore balance to your body. This nurturing class will focus on physical health and mental well-being. Great for all experience levels.
- Yoga Flow - Experience a Hatha yoga class focused on a gentle flow that's easily modifiable. This 45-minute class is appropriate for yogis of all experience levels and concludes with a centering meditation to help you conquer the rest of your day.
- Zumba® - is a fusion of Latin and international music and dance that creates a dynamic, exciting, effective cardio workout. These fun, easy routines feature interval aerobic training with a combination of fast and slow rhythms that tone and sculpt the body as you dance.