Papillion Twilight Criterium
2018 Race - TBA
Races will begin at 2:15 pm
Join us for the 11th annual running of the Papillion Twilight Criterium. Activities to include: USAC sanctioned bicycle races, entertainment, children's activities, and more!
Start and finish area will be at City Hall, with the course going thru Downtown Papillion.
- ONLINE: Register online at www.usacycling.org. It is fast, secure and the preferred method of registration by race organizers. Online registration closes at 11:00pm (CST), Friday, August 18, 2017.
- DAY OF: Day of registration will be accepted in person at the venue, with an additional $10 fee ($45). Registration will close 30 minutes prior to each race.
- Surcharge from USAC may be applied at registration.
- Riders must have USAC annual license. Cat5 Men/Cat5 Women riders may purchase a 1-day license.
- Juniors will race within their category. Junior registration is free with USAC license or with purchase of a 1-day license. Juniors will need to contact the Race Director to pre-register for free registration. The $10 late fee will not apply to Juniors who register the day of the event. Juniors will be responsible for one-day license purchase.
- Applicants must pick up their packets on-site prior to the race. Race organizers are not responsible for long lines or delays associated with check-in. Please allow sufficient time to pick up your packet and free t-shirt.
- Riders who qualify may register for a second race within the Papillion Twilight Criterium for an additional $10.
- Mailed registration applications will be accepted, but must be received by 5:00 PM on August 14, 2017. Be sure to submit a separate application for each race. Mail to: Mark Stursma; 122 E Third Street; Papillion, NE 68046
GENERAL RACE RULES & INFORMATION
- All 2017 USAC rules are in effect.
- Events will be held rain or shine. All races will begin promptly as scheduled and will be conducted regardless of weather conditions, unless the officials and race organizers agree to modify and/or cancel a race due to extraordinary circumstances.
- Place numbers on the left side.
- Helmets must be worn at all times while on the bike.
- Valid and current USAC license must be presented at rider check-in.
- Race organizers reserve the right to cancel/combine events or pay out to only the top half of a field in the event of low rider turnout.
- Junior gear restrictions will be strictly enforced (as specified in the USAC 2017 Rulebook). All Junior riders will be subject to a rollout immediately following their competition. If you are unsure if your
equipment qualifies, ask an Official to conduct a rollout prior to your race.
- Race result protests must be filed within fifteen minutes of a result posting. Race incident reports must be filed with a race official within fifteen minutes of the finish of a race. Race organizers will make every attempt to distribute prizes the day of the race within 30 minutes of results becoming final. In the event a rider does not claim a prize within one month of the event, the prize will be forfeited.
A “wheel pit” will be available just north of the start/finish line on the left. Wheels should be clearly marked with rider name or race number. Wheels should be reclaimed immediately after the conclusion of each race. Race organizers are not responsible for lost or stolen wheels.
The Masters race will include categories 40+, 50+ and 60+. All categories will race together, but will be scored independently. The race organizers will pay up to four places in the 40+ category and up to three places in both the 50+ and 60+ categories, depending on the number of category participants.
There will be two “races” for kids. The first race will be for older kids who will complete one full lap of the race course. Race organizers will provide at least one adult chaperone to accompany kids in this event. The second race will be for younger kids who will “drag race” up Jefferson Street to the finish line. The kid races are not USAC sanctioned events and are not intended to be competitive. Parents will be responsible for determining which event a child should participate in.
Parents will need to sign a waiver for each child participating in the kid races. Waivers will be available at the registration tent near the start/finish area. Kids must wear a helmet to participate. Medals will be awarded to all who participate.