Papillion Days Duathlon
The Papillion Days Duathlon is currently on hold, We are looking at other options to bring back this event in 2020.
The Annual Papillion Days Duathlon will begin at 8:00 a.m. for all ages and teams. There will be a pre-race meeting at 7:45 a.m. at the starting line. Start and finish will be in the west parking lot of Walnut Creek Lake and Recreation Area near the boat ramp.
Papillion Race Series will no longer store bags for racers, all bags and personal devices must be left in cars or with friends and family. No illegal weapons allowed and all items will be subject to search.
Hotels in the Area
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Papillion
- Courtyard LaVista
- Embassy Suites LaVista
- Hampton Inn & Suites LaVista
2017 Schedule of Events
- 6:00-7:30 am - Check in will be open inside the shelter near the gravel parking lot on the west side of Walnut Creek. Enter in the south entrance off Schram Road. All participants must check in.
- 7:45 am - Mayor of Papillion, Race Instructions near boat ramp.
- 8:00 am - Start of Race
- 9:45 am - Awards Ceremony will begin.
- 10:30 am - Course will shut down and event will conclude.
In an effort to reduce the amount of motor vehicle and bicycle interaction, it will be necessary to close or limit traffic around Walnut Creek.
2017 Entry Fees
- $45.00....Individual (1/1 - 5/18)
- $60.00....Individual Late Registration (5/19 - 6/13)
- $75.00....Team (1/1 - 5/18)
- $90.00....Team Late Registration (5/19 - 6/13)
- Two people make up a team (one runner and one cyclist).
All participants will receive and event Shirt. Entry must be received by May 18th. Size and availability may be limited after this date. All taxes included.
NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION!
Refunds will only be given if cancellation is received by June 13th. A refund minus a $5 administrative fee regardless of cost will be given. Refunds will be given by check, credit voucher or credited back to a credit card (when applicable). Please Note: any online transaction fees are non-refundable.
Any cancellations after June 13th, no refunds will be given.
2017 Packet Pick-Up / Check In
Packets will be able to be picked up at the Recreation Offices, located at 145 W. Second Street, Papillion, 68046 at the following times:
- Thursday, June 15th 12:00-5:00 pm
- Friday, June 16th 8:00 am-5:00 pm
Packets not picked up at this time, will be available for pickup prior to the race on Sunday beginning at 6:00 am.
All participants must show ID when picking up their packet. If you are unable to pick up your packet and plan to have someone else pick it up for you, then you must fill out a proxy form and that person must bring it to the packet pick up. No one will be allowed to pick up packets without ID or a proxy form. Please click here for a packet pickup proxy form.
Day of Race Check-In
Check-in will start at 6:00 am on the day the race. All participants must check-in at the large shelter near the transition area on the west side on the lake no later than 7:30 am. Timing chips will be handed out at this time. All participants in the Papillion Days Duathlon must show ID when picking up their packet.
Description / Maps
The Duathlon will begin in the west parking lot of Walnut Creek Lake and Recreation Area near the boat ramp and finish nearby on the walking trail. The Duathlon begins with a 2-mile picturesque run on a hard surfaced trail system around the lake. The second leg of the race is a 11.6-mile bike ride on parts of the hard surface trail and scenic highways around Walnut Creek and Papillion-La Vista South High School. Lastly, a 2-mile run on the same trail as the first leg completes the Duathlon.
Walnut Creek Lake and Recreation Area will be closed from 6:00-11:00 am to the public for this race. Aid stations will be at the turn-a-round on the run and in the transition area. Water, Powerade and ice will be provided at each station.
Participants must follow instructions as given from all event officials including race staff, volunteers, medical personnel, police officers and City of Papillion employees throughout the duration of the event.
- All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation.
- The event bib number is to be worn as issued and attached to clothing on the front of the body. No participant shall be permitted to participate in the Papillion Days Duathlon without a bib number.
- The use of music players, video devices, cell phones, computers, cameras or any similar devices by participants while in the event is not recommended.
- Baby joggers, baby strollers, skateboards, rollerblades, or any other wheeled device other than a bicycle will not be permitted on the course.
- Dogs or any pets are not allowed on the course.
- Participants must begin the event at the official start time.
- Participants must wear the timing chip as provided.
- Helmets must be worn on the biking portion and must be secured while entering and exiting the transition area. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- Bikes must be walked when exiting or entering the transition area, no riding is allowed in the transition area and must be racked in the same place as before.
- No drafting is allowed on the bike course.
- Two full laps must be completed to complete the biking portion of the race.
- The Papillion Days Duathlon course will remain open until 10:30 am. At 10:30 am the event is concluded, traffic control ceases and aid stations will close.
- Each Team must share one timing chip.
- All Chip exchanges must be made while in the transition area in the rack position. Failure to properly switch the timing chip may result in disqualification or a 10 minute penalty.
All participants will receive a commemorative Technical Shirt at check-in. Special awards will be given to the top 3 male and female finishers in the following age groups: 14 & under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69 and 70 & up as well as the top 3 teams in the following categories: male, female and coed. Two people make up a team, one runner and one cyclist. The top overall male and female winners will receive a special award following the race.
Food and beverages will be provided for the racers at the finish line.
Timing / Results
Timing will be provided by Precision Race Results. Both races will be timed.