2019 Spring Cleanup Days
The Papillion Public Works Department will sponsor the Annual Spring Cleanup Days on April 25, 26, 27, and 28, 2019 in a joint effort with the City of La Vista. The Cleanup Days site is located at 99th Circle and Portal Road on the south side of Portal Road, just east of the Papillion Public Works facility. Hours of operation are from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. during this event.
Document shredding services will only be available on Saturday, April 27, 2019 from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., or until the shredding truck is full. All shredding will be done on site. Please limit shreddable material to 10 banker-size boxes per residence.
Because this is a joint event with the City of La Vista this year in an effort to save taxpayer dollars in both communities and to lessen the impacts to the road systems, we thank you in advance for your patience as staff moves everyone through the site as quickly as possible.
- This event is limited to Papillion water customers and La Vista residents. You must bring a copy of your water bill or other type of identification to prove eligibility.
- The event is restricted to residential items only. Commercial and business vehicles will not be permitted.
- Staff will direct you to the appropriate disposal areas based on the type of materials you bring for disposal.
- Please pay close attention to posted signage for entrance and exit directions.
- Please secure loads properly to prevent debris from obstructing the roads.
- This is a rain or shine event.
Acceptable items include:
- Household and lawn furniture
- Major appliances
- Grills and smokers
- Outdoor power equipment (please empty fuel prior to disposing)
- Residential construction materials
- Automotive parts and batteries
- Undamaged propane tanks
- Broken toys and play structures
- Tree limbs and yard waste (must be free of garbage and bags)
- All types of TVs (rear projection, tube TVs, flat screens, etc. may be disposed of in the roll-off dumpsters)
- CRT computer monitors (may be disposed of in the roll-off dumpsters)
Our electronic recyclers will accept the following items in the designated area of the Cleanup Days site:
- Cassette tapes, CDs, and arcade games
- Computers (CRT monitors may be disposed of in the roll-off dumpsters) – Participants may request hard drives to be destroyed on site. The City of Papillion and material recyclers are not responsible for loss of personal data.
- Keyboards and mice
- Cables and wires
- Batteries of any type and battery back-ups
- Data center equipment including raised flooring
- Networking equipment, routers, switches, hubs, etc.
- Audio and visual equipment, VCRs, CD players, radios, etc.
- Cell phones of any type and wall chargers
- Electric musical instruments including amplifiers
- Cable and satellite TV boxes
- Small appliances
Unfortunately, we cannot accept tires, automotive oil, paint, hazardous waste, or chemicals of any kind. (Please visit www.underthesink.org for information on a facility that will accept some of these items.)
To recycle unwanted vehicles, call the Public Works Department at 402-597-2043 to schedule the pick-up with the recycler and to receive the proper form that must be completed prior to pick-up and disposal.
If you need further information, please call the Papillion Public Works Department at 402-597-2043.
Mark your calendars now for the Fall Cleanup Days event – October 17 – 20, 2019!
|Spring 2017||Fall 2017||Spring 2018||Fall
|Recycled Electronics||13.5 tons||3.6 tons||5.4 tons||4.4 tons|
|Bailed/Shredded Metal Material||53.13 tons||38.0 tons||57.7 tons||34.15 tons|
|Non-Ferrous Metal Material
(copper, brass, aluminum)
|2.25 tons||0.6 ton||3.8 tons||1.32 tons|
|Electric Motors, Mowers,
Snow Blowers, etc.
|2.5 tons||1.8 tons||3.8 tons||1.03 tons|
|Paper||11.3 tons||10.3 tons||10.4 tons||4.75 tons|
|Brush||large pile||large pile||very large pile||medium pile|
|Amount Taken to Landfill||495.08 tons||211.9 tons||347.85 tons||285.37 tons|