2021 Fall Cleanup Days
October 18 - 24
7 a.m. - 5 p.m. each day
The Papillion Public Works Department will host Fall Cleanup Days October 18 through 24, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day. The event will again be a joint effort with the City of La Vista. The Cleanup Days site is located at 99th Circle and Portal Road on the south side of Portal Road, just east of the Papillion Public Works Facility. The event is open to Papillion residents and water customers and La Vista residents. Fall Cleanup Days is a great opportunity for residents to dump old furniture, appliances, electronics, yard waste and even vehicles free of charge. See below for details on what can and can't be dumped during the event.
For the protection of our staff and the public, the following COVID-19 safety measures will be in place during this event:
- Staff will not be assisting with unloading efforts.
- Staffing will be limited, and staff will be wearing masks and gloves and observing social distancing.
- We encourage the general public to wear masks and observe social distancing when on-site.
- There will be no porta-potties provided during this event.
- Shredding boxes will have to be taken back by the resident.
- No salvaging of any kind.
7 a.m. - 5 p.m. each day
Bring Identification, Residential Items Only
- This event is limited to Papillion residents and water customers and La Vista residents. You must bring a copy of your water bill or other type of identification to prove eligibility.
- The event is restricted to residential items only. Commercial and business vehicles will not be permitted.
- Staff will direct you to the appropriate disposal areas based on the type of materials you bring for disposal.
- Please pay close attention to posted signage for entrance and exit directions.
- Please secure loads properly to prevent debris from obstructing the roads.
- This is a rain or shine event.
Document shredding services will be available on Saturday, October 23, 7 a.m. to noon, or until the shredding truck is full. All shredding will be done at the La Vista Public Works facility, just north and across the street from the Papillion Public Works facility. Please limit shreddable material to 10 file-size boxes per residence. Shredding is restricted to residential material only. Material must be free of binders, binder clips, or anything else that may damage the shredder. Shredding boxes will have to be taken back by the resident, but can be disposed of across the street at the Cleanup Days site.
Acceptable items include:
- Household and lawn furniture
- Mattresses and box springs
- Major appliances
- Grills and smokers
- Outdoor power equipment (please empty fuel prior to disposing)
- Residential construction materials (concrete will be accepted)
- Automotive parts and batteries
- Undamaged propane tanks
- Broken toys and play structures
- Tree limbs and yard waste (must be free of garbage and bags)
- All types of TVs (rear projection, tube TVs, flat screens, etc. may be disposed of in the roll-off dumpsters)
- CRT computer monitors (may be disposed of in the roll-off dumpsters)
Our electronic recyclers, Midwest Electronic Recycling, will accept the following items in the designated area of the Cleanup Days site:
- Cassette tapes, CDs, and arcade games
- Computers (CRT monitors may be disposed of in the roll-off dumpsters) – Participants may request hard drives to be destroyed on site. (Recyclers will punch electronics with a hydraulic press and will degauss hard drives on site. Three phase shredding will be done later at their facility due to size of the equipment. They will not destroy iPods.) The City of Papillion and its material recyclers are not responsible for loss of personal data.
- Keyboards and mice
- Cables and wires
- Batteries of any type and battery back-ups
- Data center equipment including raised flooring
- Networking equipment, routers, switches, hubs, etc.
- Audio and visual equipment, VCRs, CD players, radios, etc.
- Cell phones of any type and wall chargers
- Electric musical instruments including amplifiers
- Cable and satellite TV boxes
- Small appliances
Unfortunately, we cannot accept tires, automotive oil, paint, hazardous waste, or chemicals of any kind. (Please visit www.underthesink.org for information on a facility that will accept some of these items.)
To recycle unwanted vehicles, call the Public Works Department at 402-597-2043 to schedule the pick-up with the recycler and to receive the proper form that must be completed prior to pick-up and disposal.
If you need further information, please call the Papillion Public Works Department at 402-597-2043.
Amounts Collected from Past Cleanup Days Events