The Papillion Fire Department enforces the Life Safety Code (NFPA 101) and other state-adopted codes as the State Fire Marshal's delegated authority.
New NFPA code adoption as of 3/3/2021. The new codes include NFPA 1(Fire code), 2012, NFPA 101 (Life Safety Code) 2012, and associated codes as listed in Title 153, Chapter 1. The code updates cover fire and life safety features such as occupancy, means of egress, fire alarms, fire sprinklers, propane, natural gas, and the National Electric Code, 2011 edition. A complete list of the new codes and amendments to the NFPA 1 and 101 are below.
City of Papillion Adopted Building Codes (Effective 1/1/2021)
- International Residential Code (IRC) 2018 Edition
- International Building Code (IBC) 2018 Edition
- International Plumbing Code (IPC) 2018 Edition
- International Mechanical Code (IMC) 2018 Edition
- International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC) 2018 Edition
- International Existing Building Code (IEBC) 2018 Edition
- International Energy Conservation Code (IECC) 2018 Edition
- National Electric Code (NEC) 2017 Edition
- International Fire Code (IFC) 2018 Edition
- International Code Council Performance Code (ICCPC) 2018 Edition