Papillion Half Marathon
10K and 5K
The 10th Annual Papillion Half Marathon will begin at 7:30 am with the 10K and 5K Fun to begin shortly after. Start and Finish will be at Papillion-LaVista South Stadium (10799 HWY 370). During the races, activities will be held inside the stadium which will include: DJ and Music, Bounce Houses for Kids, Food and Service Vendors and much more! Stick around and enjoy the day and watch the awards ceremony at the end of the races.
Papillion Race Series will no longer store bags for racers, all bags and personal devices must be left in cars or with friends and family. No illegal weapons allowed and all items will be subject to search.
Hotels in the Area
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Papillion
- Courtyard LaVista
- Embassy Suites LaVista
- Hampton Inn & Suites LaVista
Pictures will be taken by Capstone Photography
Schedule of Events
- 6:00-7:00 am - Check in will be open inside the concession stand on the west side of the stadium for those that did not check in on Saturday Night.
- 7:15 am - Mayor of Papillion
- 7:27 am - Star Spangled Banner
- 7:30 am - Half Marathon Starts
- 7:40 am - 10K Starts
- 7:45 am - 5K Starts
- 10:00 am - Awards Ceremony will begin.
- 11:00 am - Course will shut down and event will conclude.
Due to the size and location of the event, it will be necessary to close or limit traffic throughout various parts of the Papillion community for safety reasons. Parking is available in the two parking lots west of the stadium and the High School. Please note, the race starts on 108th St; 108th St will be closed to traffic approaching from South of the High School beginning at 6:30 AM. Please plan to access the race from Hwy 370.
Click here for a full list of road restrictions on the day of the race. COMING SOON!
$50.00....Half Marathon (1/1 - 4/21)
$65.00....Half Marathon Late Registration (4/22 - 5/16 and on 5/20)
$40.00....10K (1/1 - 4/21)
$55.00....10K Late Registration (4/22 - 5/16 and on 5/20)
$25.00....5K Fun Run/ Walk ages 13 & up
$15.00....5K Fun/Walk Walk ages 12 & under
All participants will receive an event Shirt. Entry must be received by April 21st. Size and availability may be limited after this date. All taxes included.
Opens January 1 and Closes May 16 at 5:00 pm
Late registrations will only be accepted at Packet Pickup on May 14th
NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION!
Please Note: ActiveNet charges a small percentage based transaction fee to register online which is a non-refundable fee. Refunds will only be given if cancelation is received by May 10th. A refund minus a $5 administrative fee regardless of cost will be given. Refunds will be given by check, credit voucher or credited back to a credit card (when applicable).
Any cancelations after May 10th, no refunds will be given.
PACKET PICK-UP, PASTA DINNER AND LATE REGISTRATION
Saturday, May 20th
CHI Health - Midlands Hospital
11111 S. 84th Street
Papillion, NE 68046
Cash or check will only be accepted for late registrations.
All participants must show ID when picking up their packet. If you are unable to pick up your packet and plan to have someone else pick it up for you, then you must fill out a proxy form and that person must bring it to the packet pick up. No one will be allowed to pick up packets without ID or a proxy form. Please click here for a packet pickup proxy form.
Free for all participants
$5.00 for family members ages 13 & up
$3.00 for kids ages 3-12
Free for kids ages 2 & under
Cash only will be accepted.
Click here for information on how to volunteer for this race.
DESCRIPTION AND MAP
All races will begin outside Papillion-La Vista South Stadium on 108th Street and finish inside the Stadium on the track. Runners will wind through the City of Papillion and travel on the scenic trail system and roads. The courses consist of hard surface trails, streets and a few blocks of gravel roads. Aid stations will be placed approximately every 2 miles along the course. Water, Powerade, ice and a port-a-potty will be provided at each station.
Participants must follow instructions as given from all event officials including race staff, volunteers, medical personnel, police officers and City of Papillion employees throughout the duration of the event.
- All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation.
- The event bib number is to be worn as issued and attached to clothing on the front of the body. No participant shall be permitted to participate in the City of Papillion Half Marathon, 10K or 5K without a bib number.
- Half Marathon = Black Numbers
- 10K = Red Numbers
- 5K = Yellow Bibs
- The use of music players, video devices, cell phones, computers, cameras or any similar devices by participants while in the event is not recommended.
- Baby joggers, baby strollers, skateboards, rollerblades, unauthorized bicycles or any other wheeled device will not be permitted on the City of Papillion Half Marathon or 10K course.
- Participants must begin the event at the official start time.
- Participants in City of Papillion Half Marathon, 10K & 5K must wear the timing chip as provided.
- The Half Marathon and 10K course will remain open until 11:00 am. At 11:00 am the event is concluded and traffic control ceases and aid stations will close.
All participants will receive commemorative Event Shirt at check-in. All finishers will receive a finisher medal. Special awards will be given to the top 3 male and female finishers in the Half Marathon and 10K only for following age groups: 14 & under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69 and 70 & up. The top overall male and female winners will receive a special award following the race.
TIMING / RESULTS
Timing will be provided by Precision Race Results. Race results will be posted at onlineraceresults.com. All 3 races will be timed.