Papio Bay Aquatic Center opens this Saturday May 25th!
2013 Spring-Summer Recreation Express Programs Guide
The 2013 Spring-Summer Recreation Program Guide is now available to view online. Registration will opens on April 1st for Papillion Residents and April 8th for all others. Residents include anyone with a Papillion mailing address, so SID's are included. Click on the picture on the right to view a new interactive version of the 2013 Spring-Summer Recreation Guide.
Help Name Our New Mascot
Help us name our new mascot for the Papillion Parks and Recreation Department. Entries will be taken up to May 31st! Winning name will be announced in June. Winner will receive a $25 gift certificate good for any recreation activity or Papio Bay program.
Chautauqua Event Coming to Papillion!
Presented by Humanities Nebraska
Date: June 19-23, 2013
Location: West 4th & Washington Streets
City of Papillion Recreation Department Concussion Policy
On April 14th, 2012, Governor Heineman signed into law LB260, the Nebraska Concussion Awareness Act. This bill takes effect July 1, 2012. The City of Papillion recognizes the potential danger and long-term health consequences of this often difficult to diagnose form of traumatic brain injury. The Policy is intended to provide easy-to-understand guidelines related to players who have been diagnosed with or are suspected of having a concussion. Click here for more information.
Recreation Department Mission Statement
To enhance the quality of life for Papillion Residents and surrounding communities by promoting healthy living and providing enriching leisure services.
- Customers by interacting with patrons in a responsive, considerate and efficient manner;
- Staff by honoring the contributions of each employee, and recognizing them as essential to accomplishing our mission;
- Outstanding Facilities by managing and maintaining aesthetic quality and cleanliness, while emphasizing safety;
- Inclusiveness by reducing physical, social and financial barriers to our programs, facilities and services;
- Fiscal Accountability by being responsible and efficient in ensuring the financial health of the department today and for generations to come;
- Partnerships by fostering an atmosphere of cooperation, trust and resourcefulness with our patrons, coworkers and other businesses and organizations;
- Excellence by striving to set the standard for quality programs and services through leadership, vision, innovation and dedication to our work.