- July 25 - Next session of Dance Classes start, click here for more information.
- July 25 - Sumtur Movie Night - The Nut Job, click here for more information.
- August 1 - Sumtur Movie Night - Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, click here for more information.
- August 3 - National Night Out at Papio Bay 5:00-8:00 pm, Open to Papillion Residents Only
- August 6 - Bike Safety Night at the Farmers Market, click here for more information.
- August 9 - Babysitting 101 Class, click here for more information.
- August 11 - Back to School Hours begin at Papio Bay
- August 17 - Fall Adult Coed Softball Leagues Start, click here for more information.
New Sessions of Junior Tennis Camps Added
- August 13-14 and August 20-21, Click here for more information.
The 2014 Spring-Summer Recreation Guide is now available to view online. Click on the picture to the right to view a interactive version of the Spring-Summer Recreation Guide.
Spring-Summer Registration Dates:
- April 1st - Papillion Residents
- April 8th - All Others
Pappy, the newest member of the City of Papillion Recreation Department. With boundless energy, Pappy brings enthusiasm and joy to all of his great fans and soon will be an All-Star at City sponsored celebrations, parties, special events and more!
City of Papillion Recreation Department Concussion Policy
On April 14th, 2012, Governor Heineman signed into law LB260, the Nebraska Concussion Awareness Act. This bill takes effect July 1, 2012. The City of Papillion recognizes the potential danger and long-term health consequences of this often difficult to diagnose form of traumatic brain injury. The Policy is intended to provide easy-to-understand guidelines related to players who have been diagnosed with or are suspected of having a concussion. Click here for more information.
Recreation Department Mission Statement
To enhance the quality of life for Papillion Residents and surrounding communities by promoting healthy living and providing enriching leisure services.
- Customers by interacting with patrons in a responsive, considerate and efficient manner;
- Staff by honoring the contributions of each employee, and recognizing them as essential to accomplishing our mission;
- Outstanding Facilities by managing and maintaining aesthetic quality and cleanliness, while emphasizing safety;
- Inclusiveness by reducing physical, social and financial barriers to our programs, facilities and services;
- Fiscal Accountability by being responsible and efficient in ensuring the financial health of the department today and for generations to come;
- Partnerships by fostering an atmosphere of cooperation, trust and resourcefulness with our patrons, coworkers and other businesses and organizations;
- Excellence by striving to set the standard for quality programs and services through leadership, vision, innovation and dedication to our work.