Annual Cleanup Days Events
2017 Spring Cleanup Days
The Papillion Public Works Department will sponsor the Annual Spring Cleanup Days on April 20, 21, 22, and 23, 2017. The Cleanup Days site is located at the Papillion Public Works complex at 99th Circle and Portal Road on the south side of Portal Road, just east of our new Public Works facility. Hours of operation are from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. during this event.
- This event is for Papillion water customers only. You must bring a copy of your water bill or other type of identification to prove eligibility.
- The event is restricted to residential items only. Commercial and business vehicles will not be permitted.
- Staff will direct you to the appropriate disposal areas based on the type of materials you bring for disposal.
- Please pay close attention to posted signage for entrance and exit directions.
- Please secure loads properly to prevent debris from obstructing the roads.
- This is a rain or shine event.
Acceptable items include:
- Household and lawn furniture
- Major appliances
- Grills and smokers
- Outdoor power equipment (please empty fuel prior to disposing)
- Residential construction materials
- Automotive parts and batteries
- Undamaged propane tanks
- Broken toys and play structures
- Tree limbs and yard waste (must be free of garbage and bags)
Also acceptable this season! Our recyclers will accept the following items in a designated area of the Cleanup Days site:
- Flat-screen televisions (no tube types)
- Computers – Participants may request hard drives to be destroyed on site. The City of Papillion and material recyclers are not responsible for loss of personal data.
- Flat-screen monitors (no CRT or tube types)
- Keyboards and mice
- Cables and wires
- Batteries of any type and battery back-ups
- Data center equipment including raised flooring
- Networking equipment, routers, switches, hubs, etc.
- Audio and visual equipment, VCRs, CD players, radios, etc.
- Cell phones of any type and wall chargers
- Electric musical instruments including amplifiers
- Cable and satellite TV boxes
- Small appliances
Unfortunately, we cannot accept tires, tube televisions, CRT computer monitors, automotive oil, paint, hazardous waste, or chemicals of any kind. (Please visit www.underthesink.org for information on a facility that will accept some of these items.)
Document shredding services will only be available on Saturday, April 22, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., or until the shredding truck is full. All shredding will be done on site. Please limit shreddable material to 10 banker-size boxes per residence.
Our recyclers will haul away unwanted vehicles at no cost to you. The only requirement is to call the Public Works Department at 402-597-2043 to schedule the pick-up and to receive the proper form that must be completed prior to pick-up and disposal.
If you need further information, please call the Papillion Public Works Department at 402-597-2043.