Current Job Openings
The City of Papillion no longer accepts paper applications. Follow the links below to create your online profile and apply for posted positions.
- Line Locator: Apply Online Application Deadline: 12:00 p.m. April 28, 2014, Details below
- Civil Staff Engineer: Apply Online Application Deadline: 4:00 p.m. April 21, 2014, Details below
- Youth Services Aide Apply Online Details below
- Apply online for the 2014 Seasonal Recreation positions links below (don't see the job your looking for, come back often as this list will be updated)
- Seasonal Parks Department (see below)
- Seasonal Golf Maintenance Positions (see below)
The City of Papillion does NOT accept unsolicited applications and/or resumes. Applications will be accepted for POSTED POSITIONS ONLY. One application per position is required and is not transferable.
Public Works Department
Starting Salary: Grade 13 $16.35 per hour
Job Summary: Responsible for performing and identifying the proper location for the city’s and sanitary improvement districts water distribution system, sanitary sewer system, storm sewer system and all other various underground utilities that are owned by the city or any of the sanitary improvement districts. An incumbent will be required to perform duties on an on-call basis, as needed.
Job Responsibilities: Apply Online
1. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
2. Must possess a valid commercial driver’s license within a time frame established by the employer.
3. High school diploma or GED equivalent. Some college or technical courses in civil engineering desirable.
4. Must obtain a State of Nebraska Grade IV Water Operators License or equivalent within a period established by the employer.
5. Must have one-two years’ experience in locating buried lines or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
6. Must maintain all licenses as required
7. Must be bondable
Application Deadline: 12:00 p.m. April 28, 2014
Most possess a valid driver’s license.
Must possess Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college or university or a related engineering field.
Must have two (2) years of experience in the areas of project management, decision making, solving complex technical problems, negotiating and administering contracts, writing reports, and public works facility operations, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Must have State of Nebraska Professional Engineering license or obtain within eighteen (18) months of hire.
Must maintain certifications as required
Must be bondable.
Sump Memorial Library - Youth Services Aid
Sump Memorial Library in Papillion, Nebraska, seeks a part time Youth Services Aide with early childhood training and experience to join their staff. Must have at minimum an Associate’s degree and at least one year of successful professional experience providing services, story times, and other programs to children under the age of 5 and their caregivers or the equivalent; has a working knowledge of current library technology; is service-oriented; and has a creative, positive, and outgoing personality. Hours are Monday and Tuesday 9:00 – 1:00, Wednesday and Thursday 10:00 – 2:00 for a total of sixteen hours a week. . Position may include some evenings and weekends; Starting salary is $10.21 per hour. There are no additional benefits such as paid leave or insurance.
Posted until filled
2014 Summer Employment
Golf Course Maintenance
- Golf Course Seasonal Maintenance - must be 18 years or older to apply Apply Online
- Parks Maintenance Laborer- must be 18 years or older to apply Apply Online
City of Papillion – Recreation Department
- Recreation Leader - must be 21 years or older to apply Apply Online
- Recreation Specialists - must be 16 years or older to apply Apply Online
- Youth Sport Coaches - must be 16 years or older to apply Apply Online
Papio Bay Aquatic Center
- Papio Bay Lifeguard Apply Online
Individuals must be 16 years or older to apply.
- Sumtur Facility Coordinators - must be 19 years or older to apply Apply Online
- Sumtur Facility Attendants - must be 16 years or older to apply Apply Online
- Sumtur Concessions Attendants - must be 19 years or older to apply Apply Online
- Sumtur Stage Attendants - must be 16 years or older to apply Apply Online
For more information call at 402-597-2041
Eagle Hills & Tara Hills Golf Courses - Clubhouse Services
- Concession Attendants Eagle Hills Golf Course - must be 19 years or older to apply Apply Online
- Concession Attendants Tara Hills Golf Course - must be 19 years or older to apply Apply Online
- Facility Attendants Eagle Hills Golf Course - must be 16 years or older to apply Apply Online
- Facility Attendants Tara Hills Golf Course - must be 16 years or older to apply Apply Online
- Clubhouse Attendants Eagle Hills Golf Course - must be 19 years or older to apply Apply Online
- Clubhouse Attendants Tara Hills Golf Course - must be 19 years or older to apply Apply Online
For more information call at 402-592-7788
Applications will be accepted from December 2013 through February 2014.
Snow Removal Part Time On Call
The City of Papillion is looking for seasonal part-time help for snow removal operations. Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record. Must have a flexible schedule and be available to work for 12 hour shifts on short notice.
Download and complete the City of Papillion application and return to:
City of Papillion
Human Resources Department
122 East 3rd Street
Papillion, NE 68046