Current Job Openings
The City of Papillion no longer accepts paper applications. Follow the links below to create your online profile and apply for posted positions.
- Assistant Library Director/Community Engagement Coordinator - APPLY NOW
- Seasonal Golf Positions (see below)
The City of Papillion does NOT accept unsolicited applications and/or resumes. Applications will be accepted for POSTED POSITIONS ONLY. One application per position is required and is not transferable.
Current Job Openings - Details
- Posting Period: September 18 - October 31, 2014
- Salary Range: $43,404 - $56, 632
- Job Summary:
Assistant Director - Assists the director in day to day management of the library facility. In the absence of the library director, responsible for the daily operation of the city’s library through complex administrative and professional library work. Professional work in the management, development and implementation of adult library programs and coordination with the community and among library departments. Work involves supervision of paraprofessional, clerical and volunteer staff, direct contact with the public in disseminating information, project management and strategic planning. General guidance is received from the director.
Community Engagement Coordinator - Ability to create, plan, market, implement, coordinate, and supervise a number of adult focused projects and programs, establishing goals and objectives, and aiding in their implementation. Ability to prepare clear, concise and organized business correspondence, news releases and promotional materials. Provides leadership in developing an active relationship between the community and the library. Facilitates programming of interest to the community. Ability to communicate in order to deliver presentations and to respond to questions from the public. Knowledge of computers and related technology as it pertains to a library environment. Ability to work with a variety of computer productivity software programs. Ability to assign and supervise the work of para-professional and clerical employees and volunteers assisting in the conduct of activities. Ability to understand oral or written instructions.
- Job Responsibilities: Review complete job description at www.papillion.org
- Job Qualifications: Master’s Degree in library science, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education training and experience is preferred. Two (2) years of experience in public library administration, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience and one (1) year of responsible supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience is required. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to work as part of a team is essential. Must have flexible work schedule.