Master Parks and Recreation Plan Funding Proposal
In order to serve the growing recreational needs of the Papillion community, the Papillion City Council is considering to propose a Parks and Recreation Bond Issue to Papillion voters in the May 2016 primary election. The bond issue would utilize a 0.5% increase in local option sales tax to be dedicated to parks and recreation improvements in Papillion, including a community center among other projects. Click here to learn more about the initiative and proposed community center.
Click on the picture to the right to view a interactive version of the 2015-16 Fall/Winter Recreation Guide which is a detailed listing of all our programs, events and services.
The 2016 Spring/Summer edition will come out March 14th.
Pappy is the newest member of the City of Papillion Recreation Department.
Special Events and Facility Use Policy
On September 2, 2014, the Papillion City Council approved an ordinance that defines an event on City owned property. The links below are helpful information on determining what qualifies as an event, the application process to obtain a Facility Use and Event permit as well as frequently asked questions.
City of Papillion Recreation Department Concussion Policy
On April 14th, 2012, Governor Heineman signed into law LB260, the Nebraska Concussion Awareness Act. This bill takes effect July 1, 2012. The City of Papillion recognizes the potential danger and long-term health consequences of this often difficult to diagnose form of traumatic brain injury. The Policy is intended to provide easy-to-understand guidelines related to players who have been diagnosed with or are suspected of having a concussion. Click here for more information.
Recreation Department Mission Statement
To enhance the quality of life for Papillion Residents and surrounding communities by promoting healthy living and providing enriching leisure services.
- Customers by interacting with patrons in a responsive, considerate and efficient manner;
- Staff by honoring the contributions of each employee, and recognizing them as essential to accomplishing our mission;
- Outstanding Facilities by managing and maintaining aesthetic quality and cleanliness, while emphasizing safety;
- Inclusiveness by reducing physical, social and financial barriers to our programs, facilities and services;
- Fiscal Accountability by being responsible and efficient in ensuring the financial health of the department today and for generations to come;
- Partnerships by fostering an atmosphere of cooperation, trust and resourcefulness with our patrons, coworkers and other businesses and organizations;
- Excellence by striving to set the standard for quality programs and services through leadership, vision, innovation and dedication to our work.