Letter from the Planning Director
The Planning Department is passionate about maintaining and improving the quality of life for those who live, work, and invest in Papillion. To us, quality of life means a well planned community with efficient infrastructure, safe and attractive neighborhoods, diverse recreational resources, protected natural environments, and high value. It also means receiving excellent customer service from us, which we strive to provide.
The function of the Planning Department is to:
* Review development applications to ensure compliance with Papillion
* Advise elected officials, the Planning Commission, Board of Adjustment,
and other city departments on any development related matter.
* Facilitate the adoption of city goals and the achievement of those goals
by continually maintaining the Comprehensive Plan, development
ordinances, and development policies.
* Coordinate a fair and open process for public involvement in decision
* Enforce the development regulations established by the City, as well as
the State of Nebraska.
* Represent the City of Papillion in regional initiatives and partnerships.
Please contact the Planning Department if you are interested in any of the following:
* Platting property
* Changing the zoning classification of a property
* The existing zoning classification of a property
* Making an application for development
* Floodplain mapping and regulations
* Future land use designation in the Comprehensive Plan
* Zoning Ordinance and Subdivision Regulation requirements
* Current development activity
* Papillion Creek Watershed Partnership (PCWP)
It is our goal to reflect the highest ethical and professional standards with enduring respect for our customers and the public trust. We look forward to serving you.
Mark Stursma, AICP